Thursday 17 July 2014

Sew Sweeter...

Hi! It's Georgina Ford. My blog post today is a follow-on from my article, Sew Sweet, in the current (August) edition of Craft Stamper magazine. For both my cards in the magazine I have used sewing and thread to attach the beads. But if you aren't keen on sewing or want a quicker result then you can use glue to attach the beads.

I have made a card again using the beautiful Flower Frame 1 rubber stamp by Catherine Scanlon Designs. I have attached the beads with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.


Additional materials I used:
Distress Marker: Walnut Stain
Foam pads
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue

Instructions:
Cut squares of brown card 10.5x10.5cm and white card 9.5x9.5cm and attached them to an 11.9x11.9cm card blank. Stamp the sentiment using Walnut Stain Distress ink pad. The sentiment stamp I used was from Grungy Greetings # 1 stamp set by The Artistic Stamper.

Next stamped out four leaves and the large flower four times using a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad onto smooth white card. Colour the stamped images with Copics, then cut out all the pieces. Attach the leaves flat onto the card. Add the flower in sections with foam pads. As a base use a whole flower head. Then add petals and the centre separately as layers for extra dimension.

Attach the beads as shown below. Add the glue directly to the centre of the flower and then add the yellow seed beads. Add the glue to the bugle beads then add to the leaves. To finish draw the faux stitching around the edge as show in the main photos above.
 

Penny saver tip:
First look at what coloured beads you already have and then colour the flowers and leaves to match. 

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS -- I love the way you added the leaves and beads, so gorgeous. Thank you for using my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Georgina. I enjoyed your class very much doing the wall hanging. Learnt a of new techniques.

    From George

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a go on embossing peel offs I think it looks great but people are not buy them any more I don't know why I think they make a card looks good , but I had another idea for the crafts what about embossing ribbon and ink they I think it would look good on your magazine hugs x

    ReplyDelete