Friday 15 May 2015

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

                                                                            Hello!                                                                             
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our April 2015 challenge is

 Lin Brandyberry

Lin won the challenge with this fabulous card, gorgeous butterflies and wonderful colour!



We asked Lin a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I had been introduced to stamping in the early 2000s, but it never really clicked until about 2005, when I first saw the possibilities of mixing stamping with design papers.  I had previously dabbled in quilting, and playing with pretty papers isn’t too far from playing with pretty fabrics!  Soon afterwards, the Hero Arts Blog began, and it was a great master class for a beginning stamper.  I was off and running!

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I’ve always been drawn to floral stamps.   I love Hero Arts, Penny Black, and the new stamp company called Altenew for their wonderful flowers. 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I’d say clean and simple, though I also like lots of layers. I still enjoy incorporating pretty design papers into my cards along with my stamping, and the same is true for using embossing folders on a white background behind my stamping.

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I love making cards the most!  I have tried scrapbooking, but all that space intimidates me!
Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: Only one?  That’s a hard question, but I’d guess I’d have to say distress inks.  They are great for stamping a solid image, but I also use them often to watercolor in an outline stamp.

We also asked Lin to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:


"I love this one because it incorporates so many other elements that we have available to us: embossing folders, die-cut words, pretty design papers, and sequins.  It also shows off my fussy-cutting, which I find relaxing to do" - Lin


"This brings back memories of my quilting.  I always try to add texture to my quilt cards by using an embossing folder over the stamping" - Lin



Congratulations on being our April Design Winner Lin , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Stamp' is still open for a few more days! All the details can be found HERE.

See you on the 29th for the announcement of our May Winners! 

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card by Lin--love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Lin - love your card and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 wonderful cards, well done on your design win

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well earned Lin. Love that butterfly card and bought the stamp set after seeing this card. Always an inspiration to me. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see Lin featured here today!! Beautiful cards, the flurry of butterflies is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see my lovely buddy Lin featured here with her gorgeous card...can't wait to see her in the August mag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lin, so thrilled to see you being a winner, your winning card is gorgeous! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lin, Big congrats on your winning card...it is lovely! hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win and being featured here, Lin! Hope to get the august copy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card! I love all of your cards. I get lots of ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards from Lin! Her work is always gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing cards, congratulations. You inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Lin, on a well deserved win. Your designs and style and choice of colors are always an inspiration. Loved reading more about your stamping journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lin is truly a TALENTED stamper! Love her gorgeous creations here! Congrats, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous as always!!!!!! Really love the lavender card, too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. تصميم بوستات سوشيال ميديا

    ReplyDelete