Friday 21 August 2015

Take It Make It Challenge Winners Profile

                                                                            Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our July 2015 challenge is

 Sara Emily Barker

Sara won the challenge with this beautiful card. We thought the tone on tone layering is amazing, with so many textures and details to look at, we loved it!





We asked Sara a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I first picked up a stamp around 8 years ago. A friend brought over some Close To My Heart Stamps and everything we needed to make a dozen Valentine’s Day cards.  I was hooked immediately and bought 3 sets of CTMH stamp sets from her daughter, who was selling them at the time. As is the usually the case, I put them aside and didn’t really work too much with stamps until about 4 years ago, when I started making a card a day for a VERY long time to send to my sister.  Since buying those first 3 sets, I’ve acquired easily over 2000 images, mostly through yard sales and other second hand sales! Obviously, I have many stamps yet untouched!

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: My favourite kind of stamps…all of them!  But if I must pick one, it would be a flourish.  I love flourishes! I guess that would be considered a background stamp.  Stampers Anonymous would have to be my favourite stamp company, because they make Tim Holtz designs! I keep two full bins of his stamps at my fingertips. I have some favourite wood block art stamps that I keep on a nearby shelf my friend made, but they are of all different makers. Everything else I need to dig for!

 
Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: Messy, for sure!

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I love making cards because they are quick, and they make so many people I know feel special when they receive one.  But if I had more time in my Closet, I’d opt for a 3D upcycle project any day!

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A:  Narrowed down to one, it would be my Ranger Distress inks.  They are so versatile.  I can age something instantly just using Distress inks and water. I can use them as watercolors with a detailer water brush. Or they work great when used in conjunction with embossing powders.  I could keep going but space is short.

We also asked Sara to show us a one of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes it so much. Here is the gorgeous project she has chosen:




"It was hard to pick a favourite, but I’m quite proud of my Shabby Wedding Card, mainly because it is a style that is quite new to me.  I don’t usually do frilly shabby things, but this one practically made itself!  I was able to incorporate a lot of stamps into this, as well as try a lot of mixed media techniques. I’ve actually made this card in a variety of ways over and over again since this original was made, because I enjoyed making it so much!"- Sara



Congratulations on being our July Design Winner Sara , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Technique- Pens and Pencils" is still open for a little while! All the details can be found HERE.

See you on Tuesday 3rd September for the announcement of our August Winners! 

9 comments:

  1. Always love Sara Emily's creations. Congratulations on your win and well deserved spotlight! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Emily's work is always beautiful and it is lovely to see her being featured here! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love Sara Emily's art! Congratulations Sugar!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Thank you for the wonderful post, Trish! And thank you, ladies, for these very sweet comments! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Sara, your work is always stunning, - such a well deserved win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Sara! A very well deserved win! Your work is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects Sara, just stunning, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Sara! And this shabby card is utterly gorgeous! Congrats on the win and feathre! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete